Thursday 7 August 2014

New Staff

 
We now have 4 members of St Aloysius staff whom I would like to introduce you to.

 


For those of you I haven't met, I'm Donna McMahon, our School Officer (Clerical). I commenced working in our temporary office at St John's late last term. I am married to Dave and we have 3 children currently attending St Joseph's East Maitland. I have a Bachelor of Commerce Degree and am a qualified Accountant. I enjoy spending time with my family and friends as well as sewing. I also make and sell handmade children's clothing. I am excited about building friendships with St Aloysius families and watching the St Aloysius students learn and grow.











Hi to everyone who will be making up the St Aloysius School community. My name is Anne Higgins and at present I am the acting Principal at St Paul’s Primary School at Rutherford. I look forward to being the Assistant Principal of St Aloysius Primary School in 2015. I have been in the Diocese of Maitland Newcastle school system for a long time and held many positions in schools. I have a passion for student learning and wellbeing and like to work with families in encouraging students to reach their potential. St Aloysius will be an exciting platform for 21st century learning. This may mean that the traditional school day may seem a little different to what we’ve experienced ourselves at school.  My parish church is Holy family, Largs. I am married to Greg and have three children ranging in age from 25 down to 19. All my children attended Catholic Schools, enjoying and benefitting from the education offered. I enjoy both cultural and sporting pursuits. I look forward to meeting you and working with you.
 
 
 
 
My name is Stacey Whiting and I am thrilled to be taking on the role of Religious Education Coordinator at St Aloysius. I have been married for 12 years and have 2 beautiful young girls who keep me very busy!
I have been teaching for 14 years and have been lucky enough to work in a variety of school settings. I started my teaching career in Japan in 2000 after I graduated from the University of Alberta, Canada. I lived and worked in Japan for 2 years where I taught English to a range of students from ages 2 - 65. Before moving to the area in 2009, I lived in Sydney and taught at St Gertrude's, Smithfield and Mater Dei, Blakehurst. I am currently the Religious Education Coordinator at Rosary Park Catholic School in Branxton and prior to that, I was the Acting Religious Education Coordinator at St Mary's Infants School, Greta. I am currently studying my Masters in Educational Leadership.
I love gardening, the outdoors and try to keep myself fit and healthy by running, exercising and playing netball. I have a passion for learning, reading, traveling and experiencing new sights and cultures.
I live in Ashtonfield and am a member of St Joseph's Parish Community. I am very excited and I am looking forward to being a part of building the new school community at St Aloysius.
 
I have enjoyed meeting our 2015 St Aloysius families over the past couple of months. My husband, Tony and I are settling into life in Maitland and are looking forward to building our new home in Waterford County, Chisholm. Tony and I met at the Catholic Teachers College in Castle Hill and commenced teaching in Catholic education in 1980. We have enjoyed working in four NSW Dioceses over that time. We have been married for 33 years and have three married children aged 26 - 30. We are also the very proud grandparents of three grandsons and are looking forward to the birth of our next grandchild in September. With family in Lismore, Kingscliff, Brisbane and Mackay we will be spending school holidays travelling north in our caravan!
I have held the roles of Diocesan Curriculum Advisor in Lismore, Assistant Principal and Acting Principal at St Carthage's Lismore and most recently, Principal at St Mary's Armidale. I enjoy the challenges that new learning and new opportunities bring. I have a Master of Education and a Master of Educational Leadership and belong to a number of professional organisations. I am looking forward to the exciting journey ahead in working with our teachers to set up our school to meet the needs of our students as 21st Century learners.

No comments:

Post a Comment